Every citizen of India feels proud to be a part of a country where unity lies in diversity and every human being is valued despite their religion or caste. On the occasion of 74th Independence Day, all of us want to pay our tribute to all our freedom fighters who lost their lives for the freedom we have today. But due to the pandemic situation, sadly nobody can step out of their houses. But here’s what all you can do to celebrate 74th Independence Day and feel more proud. Grab your favorite snack and a drink, here’s the list of movies you can binge-watch whole day, feeling nothing but only proud.
1. The Legend of Bhagat Singh – A movie that revolves around Bhagat Singh, who was a socialist revolutionary who fought for Indian independence along with fellow members of the Hindustan Republic Association. It features Ajay Devgn as the titular character.
2. Lagaan – It’s a romantic-drama film about during the years of British rule when high taxes were imposed on Indians and how they fought against it. Aamir Khan was in the male lead and also produced the film.
3. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose: The Forgotten Hero – This movie is the story of the life of one of the most important freedom fighters who made the independence possible. The storyline revolves around the unsung battle he fought for our nation’s freedom.
4. Manikarnika – The life story of the first woman in history to fight against Britishers. In the movie, Kangana Ranaut played the role of Rani Laxmi Bai. Her contribution is well depicted in Indian History.
5. Uri: The Surgical Strike – This film is based on the revert given to the 2016 Uri attack. The film was shot to depict the power of the Indian Army and how no one should think of attacking India. Vicky Kaushal played the male lead role of Major Vihaan Singh Shergill of the Indian Army in the film.
If these films don’t give you goosebumps and a sense of patriotism, then god knows what will! These are the top 5 movies one should watch and feel proud of being an Indian.