Sushant Singh Rajput‘s death case is being probed by the CBI and the agency is interrogating people related to the case. Several people have been questioned by the CBI so far. The agency also grilled Rhea Chakraborty, the prime accused in the SSR’s case, for 4 days in a row after Sushant’s family had made allegations against the actress.
On Sunday, the actress was summoned by the Narcotics Control Bureau for the first time for the drug angle that has emerged in the case recently. Rhea was again summoned today on September 7 for the second time as the agency couldn’t complete its interrogation on Sunday. As per the media reports, an accused who was nabbed by the NCB in a drug case has tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
On September 6, Rhea Chakraborty was seen struggling to reach the NCB’s office as there were so many media persons gathered outside the office, creating a crowd without maintaining any social distancing. Many people bashed the media for not maintaining social distancing during this time of the pandemic in the country.
Rhea’s lawyer Satish Maneshinde reacted to it and stated that it’s a welcome sign given the pandemic situation and the way the media is behaving. He mentioned the one accused who’s tested positive for coronavirus. Talking about how the media covers the people concerned with the SSR’s case, he said that it is horrendous.
He stated, “There is every chance that people might get infected with the virus if social-distancing isn’t maintained. It’s time that the authorities take note.”
NCB’s Deputy Director MA Jain also said during a media brief that they have no information of the accused being tested positive for the novel coronavirus. He further added that they are taking all the precautions necessary.