The Mumbai Police have so far questioned 39 people in the case of Bollywood star Sushant Singh Rajput’s death. Filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt was also questioned on Monday in the same sequence. Bhatt was interrogated for nearly 2 hours at the Santa Cruz (West) police station in Mumbai. During this time, Bhatt told the police that he had met Sushant only twice and there was no talk about work. Police is also going to call Karan Johar for questioning in this case.
Police have called Karan Johar’s Dharma Production CEO Apoorva Mehta on Tuesday for questioning, while Karan will also be called to record his statement by the end of this week.
Mahesh Bhatt said in a statement to the police, “My film production company has always given a chance to newcomers”. Mahesh Bhatt said that he had met Sushant Singh Rajput only twice. When he met Sushant in 2018, a book was discussed. After this, the two met in 2020. Bhatt also told the police that there was no talk about casting Sushant in ‘Sadak 2’. However, the actor must have expressed his desire to work.
There are reports on social media that Mahesh Bhatt had asked Rhea Chakraborty to leave Sushant. Mahesh Bhatt has not confirmed any such news during his interrogation. When the police asked Mahesh Bhatt about it, he denied the same.
Amidst all this, Partha Pawar, the son of Maharashtra Deputy CM Ajit Pawar, met state Home Minister Anil Deshmukh on Monday. Partha Pawar has demanded a CBI inquiry into the Sushant Singh Rajput death case.