Sushant Singh Rajput Case : Bihar CM Nitish Kumar Recommends CBI Probe ; Confirms getting Consent from Family

In Sushant Singh Rajput‘s death case, Bihar police have finally demanded CBI investigation. Before this, Bihar CM Nitish Kumar said, “This decision was to be taken only after the consent of the family. We had already said that if the family demands, we will work on it. Today Sushant’s father demanded from us. We will send a recommendation. The process has started.” In the morning today, KK Singh had a word with CM Nitish Kumar.

Also, the tension has increased between the Mumbai police and Bihar police over the investigation of the case. On Tuesday, Bihar DGP Gupteshwar Pandey said, “Our IPS officer Vinay Kumar Tiwari was forcibly quarantined. If the Maharashtra government fosters its police, let us be told what they did 50 days after Sushant’s death. Mumbai officials are not cooperating with us. It indicates that something is wrong.”

DGP also mentioned that IPS Vinay has been treated as a criminal. Vinay was house arrested. Our four officers have been hiding due to fear of Mumbai Police. He said that if Rhea Chakraborty is innocent then why she does not come forward and cooperate in the investigation. Why are they only supporting Mumbai Police? He asked why the Mumbai Police flares up on hearing Sushant’s former manager Disha Salian’s name.

Bihar police have tried contacting Rhea several times but failed to connect with her.

Bihar CM Nitish Kumar also confirmed to Republic TV that he will soon begin with the recommendation proceedings for CBI Probe in Sushant’s case as he has received a consent from the family.

Nitish Kumar was quoted saying, “We have already said they have lodged FIR. It is the duty of Bihar police to investigate on that basis. If they wish to transfer to CBI, it will be done immediately. I have spoken to the DGP. From here recommendation is being given for a CBI probe. We have Sushant’s family’s consent. It will be done today itself. Proceedings will be started.”